Tuesday, May 12, 2009

 

Last call? We haven't even begun.


We heard it with Facebook and now it's the same argument against Twitter - how will it make money? You see, a lot of people don't understand Twitter. A lot of people think it's a fad that will simply go away. They don't see the benefit in Twitter. Well, I respectfully disagree.

The biggest reason I am on Twitter is the constant learning it provides. It's learning I can't get elsewhere. Stuff you can't read in a book. It's that experience you get outside the classroom.

I'm not trying to brand myself - there are folks who use Twitter to do this. I'm not proclaiming to be an "expert" - there is no such thing. In fact, networking isn't my primary objective. Let's face it, Twitter is basically an internship for me.

There are a lot of folks out there that are smarter and more talented within the PR field than myself. These are the folks who are mentoring me. Where else could I be provided a forum to connect with as many brilliant folks? What meeting could I attend where so many talented folks from all over the world freely give advice?

Quite frankly, I could care less if Twitter makes money. As long as I am able to continue my conversations with the community I build, I'm not going anywhere.

Labels:


Comments:
"The biggest reason I am on Twitter is the constant learning it provides. It's learning I can't get elsewhere. Stuff you can't read in a book. It's that experience you get outside the classroom." <--- well said. That's the beauty of social media :-)
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]